Master of Science in Acupuncture (MSA) Program Admissions Requirements
1) Satisfactory completion of at least two academic years (60 semester credits/90 quarter credits) of education at the undergraduate level from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the US secretary of Education.
- A. Degrees earned outside of the US, issued by an institution not recognized by the department of education must be translated and evaluated by an agency recognized by NACES (National association of Credential Evaluation Services) or AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc.). VUIM offers a service for a fee through FIS (Foundation for International Services, Inc.), a member of NACES.
- B. Applicants to the CEAN program must have completed or be currently enrolled in an ACAOM accredited or pre-accredited program to be eligible for admission.
2) Completed application for admission.
3) Application fee
4) English language proficiency:
1.The student must have completed a two-year (60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits) baccalaureate- or graduate-level, English-based education in an institution: a)accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education, or b)in the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada (except Quebec), New Zealand, or Ireland.In all cases, English must have been both the language of instruction and the language of the curriculum used;
2.Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-Based Test (TOEFL® iBT) Acceptable scores: TOEFL iBT total score – 80 or above
3.International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Acceptable scores: IELTS overall band score of 6.5 (Academic Format) or above
5) Submission of Official transcripts from all institutions for which a degree was earned. Transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope or directly from the institution in a secure digital format. Students will be required to submit official transcripts from all other institutions from which academic credit was earned if the student intends to request transfer of credit.
6) 300 – 700 word essay – “What inspired you to pursue a career in acupuncture and/or Oriental medicine?
8) Photo ID