To receive Financial Aid, you have to complete VUIM’s 4 step process:
1) Complete and submit the FAFSA application
- Create a FSA ID. You will use your FSA ID each year to apply for financial aid.
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at http://fafsa.ed.gov
- Please don’t forget to enter VUIM school code 042395
- After you complete the FAFSA, you will receive your Student Aid Report (SAR). The SAR is a summary of the FAFSA data you submitted. Review your SAR for any errors and make corrections to your FAFSA if necessary. Corrections can be made at www.fafsa.gov.
- You must reapply for aid every year.
2) Submit an application form to the financial aid office
- The application form for school is at the administrative office
- You have to fill out and submit the application form to the School Financial Aid Office via email, fax, or in-person.
3) If requested, provide additional documentation
- The Financial Aid Office will notify you via email if additional information is required to process your application.
- Respond to any requests for additional information promptly. You may submit your documents/forms via email, fax or in-person to the Financial Aid office which is located on the 1st floor of Fairfax campus.
- Please do not email sensitive information such as social security numbers or other personally identifiable information. Instead, submit in-person or mail to:
Financial Aid Office, 9401 Mathy Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031
4) Complete Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note
- Once your aid (Federal Unsubsidized Loan) application is processed, you will be notified of the application result via email.
- If you want to accept your aid, you have to complete Entrance counseling at http://studentloans.govand Master Promissory Note
- Keep a copy of all documents related to your financial aid, including promissory notes and loan disclosure statements